Saturday, December 31, 2011

Our Year in Review

One of the things I love best about blogging is the record this blog keeps of my family.   It has taken the place of a baby book, but I also write more here than I'd ever write in a baby book.

I enjoy going back over the year's posts and seeing how our lives have unfolded.  There are lots of things I've forgotten -- seriously, why did no one tell me just how grumpy I was at the end of Baby's pregnancy?! -- and lots of things I could never forget -- Baby Love, we're so glad you're here!

Here are some of my favorites from 2011 (and if you are relatively new to The Mother Load, then think of this as an appetizer platter):

January:

1/11/11 was my birthday and with it I entered the world of Apple.  I started with an iPod, then graduated to an iPad, and now we have an iMac.  Apparently, Steve Jobs is communicating to me from beyond the grave.

February:

We found out once and for all that our beloved little school was closing and consolidating with the other little Catholic school one town over.  There was a lot of consternation, but those two little schools together are absolutely thriving as one school.  I really need to write another post about how pleased we are with the results so far.

March:

I put all my fears about having Baby out there, and you guys really showed up for me.  You were "my great cloud of witnesses."  Because you are awesome.

April:

Ever wanted to know the dish on Rob and me?  I wrote ten facts about us in April.

May:

After all my fears, Baby finally arrived and everything I worried about sort of dissolved.  She's pretty fantastic that way.

June:

Sally turned five, and I was so sleep deprived that I hardly wrote anything else.

July:

It only took two months to finally get a picture of all the kids together, but I did manage to write up all the kids' birth stories in haiku form.    

August:

Baby got baptized, and apparently nothing else happened because I didn't write about anything.

September:

My Mopsy, she was at that age and feeling her oats.  She and I are much recovered now.

October:

I wrote all about those real(ly) bad mom moments that we all have but never want to admit.  At least I don't, but I do anyway.  Just keeping it real.

November:

Francie learned a hard lesson and I had to let her learn it.  We both made it out better for the struggle, though.


And that brings us back around to December.  Happy New Year, my friends.  We'll drink a cup of kindness yet, for auld lang syne.











3 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting us spend the year with you, my friend :) Hoping 2012 gives you some more sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that just the coolest thing about blogging? My kids sometimes ask me to read posts from my old blog for bedtime stories.

    I hope 2012 is the bestest ever for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In retrospect, how good is it that your school decided to determine it's own fate? Not sure how much your area will be impacted by the Catholic school closings that will be announced today- but I hope that your new combined school will remain intact :)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say it. You know you want to.