Monday, April 29, 2013

Snaps and Snippets

Spring is kicking my butt.  Dancing, baseball, school musical, and looming end-of-the-year projects and pageants are keeping me hopping.

I want to write about lots of different things, but for tonight I still have three baskets of laundry to fold.  So you get an exciting melange of old photos that I pulled off of my iPod.  I have largely turned the iPod over to the kids, so I was surprised by some of these shots.

Plus, there are two movies!  One is an 11 second movie that one of my children took when I was hugely pregnant with Septimus.  And the other is Baby in her beloved exersaucer.

I love finding these kind of candid pictures.  There is nothing better to remind me that although my days are long, the years are very short indeed.

Name that baby . . . It's Mopsy!

Francie practically looks like a toddler here. 

Suuuuuper closeup courtesy of Bun -- thank goodness it's blurry!

Fiver, sans glasses

Rob and Bun, avec glasses

Bun and Mopsy in a crib.  It feels like eons have passed since either
one was in a crib.

The one and only Bun


Look deeeep into my eyes

Peter Pan and Tink

Bun and Sally

Baby as a baby!!

Baby was such a chub - I always forget that!

Thousand mile stare

Darth came over for Christmas dinner
(this was all the fun I missed in the hospital)
Baby is not happy --
she should call me maybe.

This shirt is Mopsy all over, little and fierce.
Got to love Shakespeare.

What?  I'm just chilling out.

Trying to eat my hands . . .

Oh all right, I know you're dying for a smile.
Don't say I never gave you anything.




And this is one of my favorites.  She used to do this all the time:

8 comments:

  1. Your videos are private - what a tease!

    You look like a kid in those pictures! Love them all :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Duh, forgot to change my setting for the blog. Come back in a bit to see them! :)

      Delete
  2. Okay, the videos should be good to go now! Let me know if they aren't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness- you give such a mom-expression in that video...I think I make that same face several times a day (somewhere between exasperated but also amused- the mom version of an eye roll maybe?) And the exersaucer while nodding off- hilarious! Love the random shots...I think it's cool to see these little snapshots of life. Days are long but years are short- so very true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That last video is a hoot! That would totally make it on America's Funniest Home Videos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mom face is goooood. It made me feel guilty instantly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahahahahaha!! I love that exersaucer video! How did you stand to be right there and not bust out laughing?
    It's fun to look at the pictures kids take--a little window into their world.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lily needs that shirt!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say it. You know you want to.