It's late, and I only have about an hour and a half left in the day, but I think I can still squeak in under the wire for Jennifer's 7 Quick Takes Friday.
1) I just found one of my favorite movies of all time on television, Meet Me In St. Louis. It's right at the part where Esther and Grandpa are dancing at the Christmas Ball, and he spins her behind the tree and she comes out the other side with her true love, John. And then she goes home and sings, "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas." The best, my friends. They just don't make movies like this anymore.
2) I still have not started my Christmas shopping. Am I the only one left?
3) Why do the people on those HGTV house hunting shows always seem to have a ridiculous "budget" for their starter homes? One young couple mentioned they only had about $850,000 to play with. WHAT? Are they entry level crack dealers or something, because I don't know anyone with that kind of budget.
4) Google Reader has been revamped and I don't know if I'm really feeling the changes. They're not bad, I'm just a dyed in the wool creature of habit.
5) I saw an ad for a fancy treadmill that has a built-in iPod port. A year ago, I would have scoffed and thought "who needs that?" But this year I might be singing a different tune. Especially since every time I get on the treadmill with my iPod, I somehow get my arm caught in my headphone wires and end up flinging my iPod on the floor while I try not to buy the farm doing a face plant on the whirring belt.
6) We're looking forward to cutting our Christmas tree tomorrow. I hope we can remember that excitement when we are at the tree farm, which is on the top of a windy mountain, in twenty degree weather. We may be choosing the first tree we see, regardless of how it looks.
7) I don't really have a #7 because it is late, I am old, and I have to be up early to get the kids to Breakfast with Santa. Plus, I can't forget to fill their shoes for St. Nicholas Day.
Have a good weekend, my friends.