Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Fo(u)rthright

It's hard to believe, but my Mopsy girl turned 4 on Monday.  

I know 4 doesn't seem so very big, and it isn't, not really. Four year olds think they are big, but they are still so small. I can still recognize so much of the baby that she was.

In a big family there is the danger of getting lost in the shuffle.  Not in a permanent way, not as long as a loving mom is on the job at least, but the day itself can lose some luster if you are just thinking about it as "one more kid turns 4."  See? No big deal when you put it that way.

So I make an effort to recognize each one on their birthdays.  We don't do big parties, but we do try to make it special.  We hang the birthday banner, I make whatever cake they request, and Rob takes the day off of work.  There is something precious about hearing that your beloved daddy, who works all the time, has left work just for your birthday.  And that's exactly what he tells them: "I'm not working because it's your day, and I want to be with you."

On Monday, we went out to lunch with the 3 little guys, and then we hit up Target so Mopsy could spend the birthday money she got from relatives.  After school, my parents came over and we all had dinner and cake together.   That was it, and it was perfect.  

Mopsy, as a little girl, is delightful. Full of life and charm and mirth, brimming with mischief and hilarity and independence.

We love her dearly. 




I love, love, love the way Baby is looking at her big sister in this picture.

Mopsy loves all things mustache-themed. I have no idea why, but that's who she is.
So it was fake pink mustaches all around on her birthday.


Baby does not love mustaches, but she loves her sister and she was a good sport.

Bun does love mustaches. 

I love her face in this picture. 

Cake time! 

3 comments:

  1. She is just a punkin'! Cute as a button, and full of spunk. It's funny how I see a lot of Sal in her, and I don't know them. They just seem a pair and Baby and Francie seem a pair. They're all awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Mopsy!!!

    I love that your husband takes off work to celebrate their birthdays. That is so special. And she is such a little cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "That was it, and it was perfect." This line will stay with me, Aimee, along with the photos of this sweet, sweet girl. LOVE this age. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say it. You know you want to.