Wednesday, June 01, 2011

And the Winner Is . . .

So it turns out that I'm not the only one Baby fooled.   Of the 29 recorded entries for the HomeFront Baby Pool, only six of you guessed she would be a girl.   My mother's intuition was on the blink and it led us all astray.

As a group, we were also surprised by her size, with the highest guess for her weight coming in at 9 lbs, 8 oz.  Surprisingly enough, I was the only one who guessed the correct day, May 23rd, but there was no rhyme or reason for that.  I just picked it because Sally's birthday is June 23rd.  I was obviously way off for the other two categories.

After discussing it with Rob, we decided that the winner should be someone who guessed the gender correctly, since so few of us did, followed by the closest date and then the closest weight.

That means the winner of the baby pool is our friend Tricia, from way back in our Navy days.  She offered her guess via my Facebook page, and she was the closest on record with her guess:

"Girl...because I don't think you could possibly keep the pattern going... May 22nd (my anniversary)... 9lbs 1 oz."
Congratulations, Tricia!  You have won a donation in your name to Mary's Shelter, our crisis pregnancy center, and a special treat from Pennsylvania that will be arriving on your doorstep soon.  Enjoy it!

And thank you to all of you who kept my spirits high during this pregnancy with your guesses and comments and prayers.  I think you are all swell!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and say it. You know you want to.