I wasn't sure if I had mentioned that before . . .
I seriously need to get my rear in gear and figure out some logistics in this house, but this time around, Rob and I seem to be taking the laissez-faire approach to having a baby.
Let's be honest, by the time you get around to number five, pretty much anything goes. All you need are some diapers, a blanket, and a place for the baby to sleep. If all else fails, they can sleep in a dresser drawer, right?
Oh, I kid. All our dresser drawers are full, so we'd have to use a wash basket.
In an attempt to distract myself from all of the nesting left to do, I figure it's high time for me to put up The Official HomeFront Corp Baby Pool, 2010 Edition. This is exciting for me, folks, and it definitely helps me get through these last weeks.
This year we are going for a simple approach: you leave a comment with your guesses for the gender, date, and weight of the baby. You have until Saturday, March 20th (a week before my due date), and then I will close the comments.
The person with the overall closest guess will be the winner and owner of supreme bragging rights. Along with those bragging rights, Rob and I will make a donation in their honor to Mary's Shelter, an area residence offering support, education, and medical care for women facing crisis pregnancies. Every baby deserves a good start, right?
And, just because I love you, here's some inside info:
- My due date is Saturday, March 27
- Yes, I am ginormous, as evidenced by the photos below. Just keepin' it honest, folks.
- I have gone late more times than not. Bun was the only one who came early, and that induction was a combination of health factors/wrong due date.
- I was very sick in the first trimester, like I was with Francie and Sally, but now I feel great like I did with Fiver. (Bun's pregnancy was a whole other kettle of fish. Not unlike the Bun himself.)
- My doctor says she won't let me go much more than a week overdue, so I guess there really is a cut-off date.
Rob and I will proffer our guesses first, but we won't count ourselves as a real part of the pool. That's all you, my friends. Come on, you know you want to jump in . . . .
Rob: Girl, March 29th, 9lbs.
Aimee: Girl, April 3, 8 lbs. 15 oz.
(okay, I know I look morose, but I feel weird when I smile at myself taking my picture in the bathroom mirror. I really feel much more chipper than I look. The girth, however, is completely accurate. Gah.)
Go ahead and get to guessin'!