Sunday, December 13, 2009

Gaudete in Domino Semper


Rejoice! It's Pink Candle Sunday! Sally's week on Advent wreath duty has come!

Okay, if you want to be all liturgically correct, it's Gaudete Sunday. But Sally has been waiting for "Pink Candle Day" for three weeks -- we let her call it as she sees it.

Advent is more than half over (cue heart palpitations), and that makes me happy and a nervous wreck at the same time. Hopefully, the rest of my Advent will be spent in a calm and contemplative manner.

And Lord, if calm and contemplative is not in the cards for me this year, please just let it go too fast to remember how much less than calm I was.


Gaudete, Gaudete
Christus est natus,
Ex Maria virginae,
Gaudete!

1 comment:

  1. A: Sally's picture is the cutest!

    B: If you're "not calm," and you've actually bought Christmas presents for people, imagine me, who has done nothing yet. Oy!

    Love, the Juje

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say it. You know you want to.