Friday, April 03, 2009


I don't know if I have seven quick takes in me this week, but I figured I should put something up here besides my wah-wah lost wallet pity party. I'm pretty sick of looking at it.



One

This Sunday is Palm Sunday, folks!

I mean, how did it get here so quickly when so much of my Lenten spring cleaning is unfinished?

So now I have a week to finish the cleaning, get the last pieces of the Easter outfits together, procure some goodies for the baskets, dye eggs, decorate with spring-y stuff, plan Easter dinner, etc . . .

Want to take a bet on which one of the above will not get finished?

My money's on the cleaning . . . .



Two

Spring is really springing up around here. We still have the chilly nights, but I feel pretty safe in saying that the winter coats are away for the season. Mostly because they have already been put away for the season.

I also feel pretty safe in saying that we will be looking at A LOT of baby rabbits in a few weeks, thanks to the Mutual of Omaha-worthy rabbit shenanigans that were going on in my yard this week.

Among THREE pairs of mommy and daddy rabbits, so like I said . . . A LOT of baby bunnies.

Good thing I'm a bad gardener and I don't grow lettuce . . .


Three

I have to give a big thumbs-up to the PA Department of Transportation this week. I know, I can't believe I just typed that either.

First, they were amazingly helpful about my duplicate driver's license, and I received a new copy less than two days after I ordered one.

Second, we just received the title to our now-paid-off car in the mail, only a few days after I mailed the final payment.

Way to be on the ball this week, PennDot. Now let's turn our attention to all the sinkholes potholes I'm trying to avoid . . .


Four

I went to my ritzy, trendy hair salon last night, and again it was overrun with dogs. Everywhere I turned there were dogs underfoot.

And I've noticed something interesting about the dog population of this salon. I think they are stand-in children.

All the stylists who bring their dogs with them are childless, either by design or by circumstance, and their dogs wear clothes, jewelry, have playpens with toys set up in the salon, and nap in fluffy little beds beneath the styling stations.

They have framed pictures of their dogs at their stations, and one woman has a family portrait of herself, her husband, and their dog.

I'm not passing judgment, I'm just saying that it is interesting . . .

I also think it is interesting that they think I am STARK RAVING MAD for having four children.

All I can say is that, no matter how messy my children are, they have never licked their behinds and then licked my face.

Please God, let's keep it that way.


Five

It's pouring out there today, and all I want to do is lie down with a book, a cozy blanket, and plans to read the same page forty times before I finally give up and just close my eyes.

Think the kids will go for it?



Six



A picture of The Disgruntled One. His attitude stems mostly from the fact that his reach daily exceeds his grasp. It's hard to be fourteen months, you know?

I share this because his face pretty much sums up my whole week.


Seven

Happiness is secured through virtue; it is a good attained by man's own will.

St Thomas Aquinas

Happy Weekend, my friends! And Happy Birthday, GeeGee!