Sunday, March 15, 2009

Status Update Sunday

I've sort of fallen out of the blogging loop this week, mostly due to extreme busy-ness. Topped off with a little dollop of a sinus infection kind of thing, kindly shared by Sally and Bun.

It is not an exaggeration to say that someone in this house has had a runny nose since October of '08. I think we should be in the clear by the end of May.

I missed the boat for 7 Quick Takes on Friday, so tonight I am borrowing a Facebook phrase and giving you a status update. Please try to contain your excitement.

1. Why does any kind of upgrade/home repair have a starting cost of no less than $1500?

We like to do things around the house ourselves, but there are some projects that are either too complicated for us or incompatible with Rob's schedule. Such as the new floors that are going into our family room this week. The carpet is so badly worn that in some areas we can see the padding and sub floor.

I know it's got to go, but just thinking about writing the check is making me choke up a little.

2. Bun is not walking yet and it's starting to annoy me. I know that admission makes me the world's worst mother, but that little dude is HEAVY.

I'm not worried about his development -- I've been to that party with Fiver -- and friends jokingly tell me that as soon as he's walking he'll be into everything.

Umm, peeps? He into everything NOW. He is like a mini crawling wrecking ball. He rips cabinets apart, he pulls dishes out of drawers, he changes the dishwasher settings to 4 hour delay so that it will start washing a half load of dishes at 1:15 in the afternoon.

Yesterday, because of his enormous head, he got stuck under my bed, behind the television cabinet, and under the dining room hutch.

So basically, he is already enjoying destroying everything in his path, and I STILL have to cart His Royal Heft around all day. Methinks I smell a rat!

Plus, he still has no interest in feeding himself, but at least he now controls himself enough not to eat half a banana in one bite.

I'd like to say it's all BABY STEPS, but I don't think Bun has gotten the memo.

3. My girls and I went to a baby shower at a mansion this weekend. Sally wasn't fazed, but Francie loved drinking green tea with a lemon wedge, next to the indoor fountain in the breakfast room.

Kind of like how I loved the built-in cherry roll-top desk and granite counter tops in the kitchen.

4. I've made some good progress with my Lenten Spring cleaning, but I still have two biggies waiting for me: the kitchen and my closet. I'm a little afraid of both places.

5. I have some questions that I'd like to ask you, my friends, but since my comment box is still closed, I guess I'll hang on to them. But I did see the announcement for the Easter Egg Hunt in the church bulletin, so I know we aren't too far away!

And with that, I'm off to bed before starting another busy week. Have good one, my friends.