Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Way Back When-esday: Mothers and Daughters

Since I got such kind remarks, and also a few questions, on last week's picture, I thought I'd show you the two other pictures in the series that are displayed in my hall.





My grandmother and my mother, circa 1953.




My mother and me, circa 1977.

Me and Francie (again), circa 2000



There are many things that I love about this group of photos:

  • there are four generations of my family's women displayed in my hall
  • all three are candid photos
  • each of us is holding our oldest child, all girls
  • three of the four people in these pictures have the same name (or a very slight variation). Guess who is the odd woman out.
  • we are all the same age in these pictures
  • how pretty my grandmother and mother are (and how much I would love to rock my mom's boots and coat from that picture. Very chic, Mom!)
  • how similar my pose is to my grandmother's pose (and the picture of Francie and myself was taken before I even knew the top photo existed. A little spooky, huh?)

But the thing I treasure the most about these photos is that, no matter what changes in the world through the years, I have photographic evidence that love never does.

For more Way Back When-esday, and to play along, visit Cheryl over at Twinfatuation.

5 comments:

  1. That *sniff* was so sweet, *sniff, sniff* Aimee! I'm off to flip through some old photo albums and find some Puffs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Aimee, you had to go and explain why you treasure these images, didn't you?! So, so moving...what a grouping. :)
    (And all three mothers, VERY pretty... obviously in face and spirit.)

    Thanks so much for playing Way Back When-esday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't forget that it is only courteous to give a "might need a tissue" warning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, that was wonderful. I love that you've got these photos together in your home, displaying the love through generations.

    I just don't understand why it's your mother's coat you're coveting and not your own little one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:07 AM

    THank you, my love, for your kind words. I remember your "Joseph's coat of many colors". It was one of your father's favorites on you. One thing is certain: we have a large, very loving family and we are blessed..you are right about love...it is eternal...

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say it. You know you want to.