I feel like I've gotten the one-two knockout punch today, but, if pressed, I doubt I could tell you the series of events that led to this feeling. I mean, I'm pretty sure about a few of them, but even taken together I should be feeling peppier than this.
I always hope that my exhaustion is an undiagnosed thyroid problem because I can also blame that for my slow weight loss. Unfortunately, I think I can blame it less on a bum endocrine system and more on a bum sense of self-control around trans-fats.
I cannot seem to turn my brain off lately, so in an effort to avoid a frontal lobe blow-out, I give you the gift of some of my random thoughts:
1. When you leave a baking dish to soak, you are just delaying the inevitable. You will still have to come back and hack away at the burnt mess, which is now just a slimy mess of food and cold water. And by you, I mean Rob. (He offered because he is a prince among men.)
2. When a college student calls and asks you to participate in a survey in which you need to watch a video, HANG UP ON HIM. I am not an advocate of rudeness, but I am looking out for your mental health. If you do not hang up on him, then you will receive a video that contains the most boring commercials and the most asinine sitcom EVER MADE in the history of television. After you watch the video (and you will because the curiosity will be too much to bear), you will be contacted by a different college student, one who yawns and chews while on the phone with you, and you will be asked an interminable series of questions such as:
"How would you rate the Lite n' Fit Yogurt commercial as relevant to your
life? Would you say it is highly relevant, somewhat relevant, irrelevant, or
I would say that it was about as relevant as this survey, pal.
3. What is the blog etiquette for borrowing a good layout idea from another blogger? I am digging how Threeundertwo over at Lit and Laundry sometimes responds to her comments. She puts her replies in a lovely little postscript at the end of her new post.
Here's the thing: I appreciate your comments very much, and I always want to comment right back. Since I get my comments through my email, I try to reply through an email if I can. But some of you don't have blogs, and some have the "noreplyblogger" set-up, so I feel like I'm leaving you out. You need to share in the hilarity of my witty repartee! (which is not as witty as some may think) I have tried going back and replying in my own comments, but I'm not sure you all read them again.
What say you, friends of the world wide web?
4. Can I just say how much a stress pimple in your eyebrow really hurts? Man alive, it hurts like a son-of-a-gun! And it's in such a location that I can see it out of the corner of my eye, like a little extra head has sprouted from my eyebrow. I should just put a brown bag over my head and call it quits for the day.
5. When will I learn that a movie based on a novel is rarely ever as good as the novel? Even though the movie has the benefit of a hot Scottish guy? (who make the best Pretend Boyfriends, period. Everyone knows that, right?)
And on that note, I bid you adieu. Nighty-night, my friends.