Sunday, April 06, 2008

Weekend Update

That title would be much more applicable if I had any real updates. As it is, there is nothing exciting to report. There isn't even anything un-exciting to report, and I'll understand if you click away to something more enthralling. Like watching paint dry.

You're still here? Well then I'll serve up this piping hot Dish of Mundane in a handy list format. 'Cause you know how I like to mix it up.
  • Bun's two month checkup went very well. He has caught up to the other kids on the growth curve; he weighs 14 pounds and he is 24.5 inches long. He is still sick, but it is officially "just a cold" and has not settled into his chest. Good news for me, bad news for Bun because that meant he could still get his shots. I think it's fair to say that he's not a fan.
  • Bun has moved from his bassinet and into his crib in Sally's room. It is hilarious to hear her over the monitor as she wakes up from her nap and sees him sleeping in the crib next to hers. She says the same thing every time, in a tone of delighted surprise: "Hey! Baby!"
  • My nephew, Action Man, is celebrating his seventh birthday with a pirate party. To prepare, I have discovered my pirate name:



My pirate name is:





Iron Anne Rackham






part of the fidius.org network

My post partum weight loss has been discouragingly slow, despite Weight Watchers and regular exercise. I know that it's considered healthy to lose between .5 and 2 pounds per week, but when I weighed in on Saturday morning and I only lost .6 of a pound I just wanted to stuff my face with a swiss roll. With a doughnut chaser.

See? That's all I've got. I told you were are knee deep in the mundane here.

I bore because I care. Now go click over to something fun, and keep it clean, my friends.

5 comments:

  1. That's so cute about Sally being happy to wake up and see Bun there in the room. Does she wake him up when she shouts like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that Bun is healthy (minus the cold)! I can't believe he's 2 months old already!!
    I'm joining you on the discouraging weight loss. Since January I've lost 2 pounds. Yes ma'am. I just keep juggling 2 pounds off and on. Very discouraging. I'm blaming my hormones for that. And the fact that I've cheated too much. You just can't eat chips and cheese and lose weight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news that Bun is growing so well. I hope the cold hits the road soon. Sweet little Sally.

    As to the weight loss: remember that it took 9 months to put it on and taking it off in 9 months should also be the goal. Try not to stress - we love you just the way you are, girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:43 PM

    Are you still nursing because I don't believe you can even think about losing weight until after weaning just because of the hunger it causes. Actually, it's probably best to wait until Bun is in college. That's my timeline anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:03 PM

    Not boring at all, Babe! I loved reading about Sally and Bun as roomies.

    And you're doing a better job of posting than I am. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say it. You know you want to.