Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Hard Times at The HomeFront Corp

Sally and Francie have been pushing a doll stroller full of dolls and toy food through the kitchen and living room.



Francie: Hi, Mom. Sally and I are on our way to the market.


Me: Okay, hon.


Francie: We are playing sisters who live together.


Me: Sounds nice.


Francie: We always take our children with us.


Me: That's good.


Francie: And we are widows. But we are okay with that.

Slightly depressive imaginations? We're full up, thanks.

11 comments:

  1. "Not that there's anything WRONG with that...."
    LOL!
    Is that because their brother didn't want to play along?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a plan to me (a good one)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:09 AM

    Oh, the humanity! I never even got to meet my sons-in-law.

    I wonder if I liked them?

    Grandpa L

    ReplyDelete
  4. Has Francie been reading "Little house?" How funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:23 AM

    at least they did not try to barter the babies for food....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here I sit, eating a little snack, and I almost spit it out right onto my computer when I started laughing. LOL

    Thanks for the giggle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is the funniest thing EVER!!! your kids are fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5:42 PM

    Children can be oh so brave.

    Aimee- if you are laughing, does this mean Bun is letting you sleep here and there?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well at least they didn't say they killed their husbands :) And they are playing together nicely. That's always a bonus. Hope things are calming down for you on the Bun front.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's just so much more convenient not to have to make excuses for an absentee father.

    ReplyDelete
  11. proof of just how resiliant kids really are. widowed at such a young age, and yet, they push on. i mean, groceries don't just buy themselves, right?! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say it. You know you want to.