Monday, February 11, 2008

The Reason They Invented Non-Toxic Art Supplies

Francie brought this cheerful watercolor painting up to the kitchen from the playroom.

While admiring it, I also wondered how she managed to produce it, since she has no access to water in the basement.

When questioned, she proudly told us: "I used my own saliva!"

Well, then.

Reaction #1: Very resourceful, Francie.

Reaction #2: Ewwww!

As Rob put it: It's Still Life with a Million Microbes.

Klassy, as always, my friends.

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:08 PM

    At least it was her own spit.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:27 PM

    She's not the first and won't be the last. And that is a very pretty picture she painted. Oooo! I bet that an added bonus of using spit is that you can't make as much of a mess. No bowl of water to spill. This could come in handy as you go forward with zone defense parenting.

    I distinctly remember spitting on the watercolor paint tray as I child because I was secretly painting in my room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROFL!!
    Sounds to me like Francie is a girl after Middle Sister's own heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:37 PM

    That is so funny!! It's pretty good for using spit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was quite an inventive solution! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:18 AM

    That made me chuckle out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:51 PM

    Hahaha! Too bad Jonathan wasn't there -- he could provide ample spit for her whole portfolio!
    Love,
    Dista

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha! I love it - and she's quite the talented artist as well as being very resourceful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That girl was using her noodle. You at least have to give her credit for that :) It's pretty. Just try not to think of the medium she used.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say it. You know you want to.