Still, a tired brain does not good blog fodder make, so I will just leave you with some random thoughts. They are apropos of exactly nothing but feel free peruse them nonethless:
- At this time last week I was enjoying the Lost premiere in between contractions. This week's episode is much more comfortable, but it seems like a lifetime ago.
- I forgot how much I enjoy getting my body back after childbirth. It's not remotely close to what it used to be, or should be, but it's mine and I can sleep on my stomach. All night.
- Bun has a big cephalohematoma thanks to his trip down the birth canal. I know it's harmless, but it still freaks me out. Since it takes months to disappear, Bun will be wearing quite a few hats this season.
- It's amazing how quickly the mind adapts to circumstances. Last week, I didn't even know how to get to the NICU. At the hospital today, I thought I would rip my hair out if I heard Bun's alarm one more time. Then it went off one more time, and I didn't rip my hair out, I just readjusted him until his oxygen sats rebounded.
- It pays to remember that Bun's delayed arrival is hard on the whole family. The older three have not laid eyes on him, but they are surrounded by Bun. They are good and generous kids, but they get strung out, too. A little extra lovin' goes a long way.
See? I promised you random, and I delivered. Just because I think so highly of you.