I know I've been scarce around these parts lately, but it hasn't been for lack of trying. This week has just been one big ball of activity, and I am grateful for every single minute. Well, maybe not the time Sally dropped a full cup of juice on the freshly washed kitchen floor, but you get my drift.
There are so many things for which I am grateful that I don't have the time to enumerate them all. Those sweet potatoes are not going to peel themselves after all.
There have been several salient moments this week that have filled my cup of blessings to the brim; moments that have brought home to me just how good my life is, with all its little bumps.
- I am grateful for the opportunity to volunteer at Fiver's preschool Thanksgiving feast. Where else would I learn that the Pilgrims came to this land to escape religious persecution? And that once they were here, they were blessed enough to meet a helpful Native American named Sock-Ho?
- I am grateful for the perfectly clear fetal echocardiogram of Bun's heart. It's amazing to see that little heart thumping away while Bun is busy sucking his/her thumb and yawning. I guess gestation can get a little boring on both sides of the womb.
- I am also grateful for Bun's clear growth scan and a normal result for my glucose screen. All of those things add up to a healthy baby, so far.
- I am grateful for my family who enabled me to host Thanksgiving in my house without doing much of the cooking myself. I could so totally get into this catered meal thing.
- I am grateful that my church does not employ bouncers. Let's just say that my three children are hooligans and leave it at that.
- I am grateful for those three hooligans more than I can say.
- I am grateful for my husband - who ran out to the store on Thanksgiving morning without complaining. And then brought me a toffee bar just because he loves me.
May your Thanksgiving Day be as full of love, laughter, and blessings as mine, and I will see you all when I can next roll myself to the keyboard.