Monday, October 08, 2007

An Apple A Day

I know I've been scarce around the old HomeFront Corp these days, and today will be no different. I am taking the employees on a field trip to their grandparents' house and to the apple orchard. (Despite the fact that it is still nine hundred degrees outside, I will endure the sweating to let them have some fresh air and even fresher produce. I live to serve.)

And I am coming home with my Dad's recipe for homemade applesauce, which I may even decide to share with you, my friends. This applesauce is so tasty that it will make you want to disavow all knowledge of commercially bottled applesauce. Mott's, you are dead to me! There is nothing better than some of this fresh, sweet applesauce in the dead of winter, when nothing is looking too fresh or sweet.

I will see you later, and hopefully something blog-worthy will happen at the orchard so I can break my meme-streak. Keep your fingers crossed!

5 comments:

  1. We just went to the orchard yesterday and we've made applesauce and canned it for the last few years too. You are so right! Down with Motts! Nothing can compare...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We ended up at the orchard to do some apple picking too! It was completely unplanned but so worth it. Tasty fresh apples to snack on and make apple crisp. Yum-my!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:54 PM

    Okay, where is this orchard near your parents house? Help me out, remember I am an outsider to the whole Berks area.
    TARA

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmm... down with any store bought version of anything your dad makes... esp. sticky buns!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. my mom used to make applesauce in the crock pot on cold winter mornings. ahhhh - heaven!!!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say it. You know you want to.