Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The Price of Motherhood

Transcript of an actual conversation:

Me (while simultaneously reading a blog, writing out a list, and listening to Rob talk): Oh, hey, that reminds me. I was thinking.

(silence)

Rob: Um, okay. You were thinking. Is that just a declarative sentence or were you going to follow that up with the actual thought?

Me: Oh shoot, it completely went out of my head. I cannot remember what I wanted to tell you.

Rob: Was it about the camping trip? Trying to get to the movies? One of the kids?

Me: Wait, wait! You're confusing me, because now you're putting new thoughts in my head.

(a few minutes of silence)

Rob: Have you thought of it yet?

Me: No it's gone. Gone forever, I fear.

3 comments:

  1. That happens to me way too often. And it's REALLY embarrassing when it happens at work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:39 PM

    That happens to me all of the time! Glad I'm not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I was the only one...

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say it. You know you want to.