Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Reason Number 234A . . .

why we get so frustrated when talking with the student loan people:

Rob (on the phone with student loan customer service): Yes, I'd like the 10-day payoff amount for loan XYZ, please.

CS: Why? Why do you want to pay off your loan?

Rob: Ummm . . . are you kidding me?

CS: (silence)

Rob: How about because we don't want to be charged any more for money I borrowed in 1992!

CS: (sigh) OK . . . your payoff amount is blahblahblahtoomuch and 37 cents . . . if you're sure . . .

Rob: Thanks. Bye.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I feel your pain. We've been working with the student loan bozos on a consolidation for ONE FULL YEAR. I kid you not. I don't know what their problem is, it's always something different. Hopefully it's soon settled!

    "Why do you want to pay off your loan" indeed.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say it. You know you want to.