Thursday, November 04, 2010

The Best Part Of My Rainy Morning

Things are blah here this week.

I feel dissatisfied with a number of things, not the least of which is my housekeeping, and Bun and I are under the weather. Nothing major, just enough to make me dread the constant runny noses and hacking coughs that will cycle around this house until June.

Plus, Mother Nature remembered that it's November. It's cold and rainy, but I don't want to turn the heat on too high. We changed the way we purchase heating oil this year and I am paranoid that we will run out in the middle of February. The kids and I are constantly shocking each other with how cold our hands are.

(In fact, I have one friend who swears we could hang meat in our house. I just prefer to think of it as brisk.)

Anyway, all that to say I have nothing to really say. Aren't you glad you checked in here?

The best part of my day by far has been this note from Fiver that I found on my desk:

"Dear Mom,
I like you Mom becuse you are a grate coke. Your food is the
best."

No, you're the best, kiddo.

(That's supposed to be "great cook," which I knew but I still like to read "grate coke" in my head.)

What really cracks me up is that he signed it with his full name. Just in case I wasn't sure who had left it for me.

Now I think I will have a Reese's cup from one of the Halloween buckets. Purely for medicinal purposes, you understand.

7 comments:

  1. Skip the bathrooms and go read that note again. And bake that boy some cookies. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear Kit Kats work wonders for runny noses ;)

    What a thoughtful boy you are raising :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just one Reeses cup? I have had 4 starbursts, one reeses cup and 2 milky ways from the basket today. It's been a long week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww, he's such a sweetie! I think that note needs to get hung up where you can see it any time you're having a "blah" day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should probably take two Reeses...ya know, to keep up your body temperature and all!

    Hope y'all feel better soon. It has gotten cold here, too. I am whiney. I don't enjoy being cold! However, now there is an excuse to drink hot chocolate...I suggest you stock up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "a grate cook"! that is totally awesome! and totally true :)

    Our weather suddenly turned cloudy and rainy and blah. Looking out the window, I said to Jim "there's a Penn day". Then we walked out into the heat, and I said "never mind"

    ReplyDelete
  7. How precious! Those are the notes to save for when there are note less type days. Although on those days, when patience is tested, I say you should just double dip into the Halloween candy ;)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say it. You know you want to.