Monday, May 31, 2010

Brown Paper Packages Tied Up With Strings

Did you happen to see the lovely baby quilt that Barbara made and mailed away last week?


Well, guess where she mailed it?

I can't tell you how thrilled I was to open that box and see that lovely quilt for Mopsy, especially since I had seen Barbara's post and admired her work.


It's funny, but all of the children have a handmade baby quilt and I had thought that Mopsy might be the first baby not to get one of her own. But the Lord works in mysterious ways, especially on the internet.

She also packed up some goodies for the kids, which they of course fell upon like ravening wolves. I guess I can't say anything about that since I fell upon the Lemon Snaps she packed in an undignified way myself.
(As an aside: Francie brought the box in from the mailbox, and it was stamped "perishable." So she said, "It's says it's perishable, so that means it's either a plant or an animal, like a hamster."
I love how she immediately assumes that someone out there would actually mail us a hamster.)

So thank you, thank you, Barbara. The quilt is perfect in every way. Maybe you could do me a favor and open an Etsy shop, okay? That'd be great!
PS: gratuitous baby shot! Summertime and the livin' is easy . . .
PS2: gratuitous toddler shot! Easy rider . . .

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful keepsake!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gift! I love quilts. All of my kids have been given homemade blankets too, by different people every time. Such a blessing. And cute kids. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also received a big box of homemade goodies from an internet friend. I still have to post about it. Isn't it a wonderful warm fuzzy!?

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say it. You know you want to.