Sunday, February 21, 2010

I'm Baaaaack . . .

Oh ho, my friends, I am plugged in! Miss me?

Apparently, my brother had to bring my computer back from the dead. I kid you not when I say that he is a computer genius and it took him days -DAYS - to clean up my poor little machine. I am sure he was shaking his head at how little I know about the inner-workings of computers.

After all, I am practically a Luddite. A Luddite who was getting a little twitchy about not being able to check her email.

Today, once my chores were done, I spent some time catching up on correspondence and other computer-related tasks. Rob walked by and patted me on the shoulder and said, "Are you happy that your buddy is back?"

I laughed, but the answer is yes and no.

I cannot tell you how much I accomplished during my days when I was completely unplugged. Of course, I am riding the waves of nesting hormones, but I know, in my heart of hearts, that it would have been just as easy to ignore those nesting urges and read blogs.

I felt a little odd being on the computer during the day today; it only took a week of restricted computer access to get accustomed to reading/posting solely in the evenings, but the change in our mornings has been transformative.

I am definitely enjoying the direction in which this new schedule is taking us. I am using my time at home with kids more productively and I am using my computer time more wisely. When I am working on a deadline, even self-imposed, I find that I have a much stronger tendency not to squander my time.

I am going to keep it up . . . until I have this new baby and I drop off the face of the earth.

(I am five weeks away now, so you know what that means. It's The HomeFront Baby Pool time! I just love hearing all your predictions, so I'll be posting a little the pool later this week.)

How are things with you, my friends?

4 comments:

  1. Glad your computer is healthy again! Can't wait for the baby pool. I will have to think up a good prediction. And the whole "using time wisely" thing is true for me too. I think this week I really need to make the effort to be better about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're back. Also glad you saw how productive you are without computer time -- sometimes we have to be forced to do that. We're all like that, I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to have you back, at least for a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea for a restored computer! I am trying to be intentional about my computer time and stepping away more during the day. The thing is, I definitely don't want to be on at night because that is Husband time, and he's been going to bed early lately b/c he gets up very early most days now. So if I am to use the computer, someone has to miss out. It ends up being the kids most often, and I know I just need to set a schedule and stick to it. Good thing it is Lent and I am trying to make improvements.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say it. You know you want to.