Thursday, March 26, 2009

Small Successes

FaithButton



One

I finally folded the three baskets of laundry that were sitting in my bedroom. They were there so long that I just started pulling the clean clothes directly out of the baskets for the children. They had practically earned squatters' rights.

I can't wait to not trip on them in the middle of the night.

Two

I've been pulling Easter outfits together for the children, and I've been meaning to go over to my favorite consignment shop to see what I could find. I finally made it over there and SCORE!

I got a brand new Land's End blazer and dress shirt for Fiver, and two beautiful Gymboree dresses, with sweaters, for the girls. For $25.

And bonus -- I've been seeing some results from my new exercise routine and dietary changes, and this Easter I'll be wearing a lovely suit that I haven't worn in two years.

I love it when a plan comes together.

Three

After implementing a scorched earth policy in the kids' playroom, I was able to drastically reduce the amount of junk that needed to be organized. Today, I took the final step and Sally helped me organize everything on some new shelves.

Fiver went downstairs after school, then he ran back up to tell me that he liked the new shelves.
"I can reach all my trains!"

Trains are his love language.

And an organized basement is mine.


Share your small successes over at Faith and Family Live!