Monday, August 04, 2008

A Girl and Her Horse



Horse Camp '08 was a great success, and now Francie has come crashing back to real life, sans her pony, Dakota.

This week, we get to do my favorite thing: Back to school shopping! My heart is already racing as I think about heading out to Staples. Pens, notebooks, highlighters, oh my! This is the one time of year that no one notices my office supply addiction.

But for Francie, buying school supplies just doesn't hold the same appeal as hanging out in a barn. Genetic abnormality, my friends.

4 comments:

  1. We just did the school supply foray last night...she-child wanted to go...about 1/2 way into buying all the goods required for her and her brother's matriculation into first grade she was OVER it.

    Thank goodness, the eras of visible to onlookers tantrums are a thing of the past (yikes, did I just curse myself?)

    Your daughter's a doll...love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:06 AM

    I can imagine that back-to-school shopping must seem like a national month long holiday for an office supply addict like yourself. All those paper clips and post-it notes... everything on SALE! Let us know if you need an intervention.

    And Francie looks so natural up on that horse. Especially with those braids. I'm sure she'll always remember Horse Camp '08 fondly.

    PS - Yes, her dad does rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:19 PM

    I love back to school supplies myself. Doesn't Francie look older in those pictures? Her comfort with the horse really displays her confidence and maturity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and I could shop all day together at Staples. That place makes my heart race a little too fast.

    And Wal-Mart! This time of year it's like a free-for-all. I got 18 spiral bound notebooks for a total of .85 - that's 5 cents each people!!!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say it. You know you want to.