Tuesday, July 08, 2008

A Retraction. Sort Of.

I knew it would happen eventually, my friends, and now it has come to pass.

I have blogged in a heated moment and instead of just saving it and revising it when I have cooled off, I accidentally hit "publish." Frankly, I'm surprised it hasn't happened sooner.

That is why the previous post doesn't make any sense (not that you would have noticed any difference from what I usually write). I didn't even finish it, I just left it hanging. I found that it was slowly devolving into a rant, and I just didn't want to waste the energy.

I do feel that it's necessary to discipline my children in a way that will teach them to be compassionate and Christian adults. My correction of them is an act of love even though it's the unpopular route; even though I feel like I am spitting into the wind some days. I don't relish being the harda*s, but I'm not going to stop.

So, my friends, what I am trying to say is that the tone of the previous post was a mistake but the intent was not.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:54 AM

    Aimee- you are a great mother, and you are hard on yourself. We all have days that make us cringe. I was terribly short on patience myself this morning and I had to apologize to Mini-me. The overall tone in your house is loving and that's what matters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know that you can UNPUBLISH by selecting "edit" and then "save as draft"? Or just plain delete it. Whatever.

    I had a day to cringe about not long ago. Don't sweat it too much - it happens.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say it. You know you want to.