Tuesday, November 13, 2007

If You Are So Inclined

Hot on the heels of my "anti-mall on a Saturday afternoon" rant, I have to tell you that I have discovered something very handy and important for my family.

Since I am doing most of my shopping on the internet this year, I am spending more time than usual clicking around different sites for better deals or interesting products. Last night, as I was shopping for my little brood, I found myself on a tangent that lead me back to one of the best support sites for Sensory Processing Disorder, the SPD Foundation. I've been to this site before, but since I get all of their updated information delivered directly to my email, I haven't been to their homepage for quite a while.

I scrolled down and clicked on "Support SPD" just to see how they are coming along, and I was excited to learn that if you access certain vendors through the SPD website, the foundation receives a certain percentage of your purchase at no cost to you.

They don't have a huge list of participating vendors, but Amazon and Target are on the list. You just need to go to the website and click on the logo before you go shopping. Then shop as usual, all while supporting SPD reasearch. And, as many of you have pointed out, there is much free shipping to be had at this time of year. My fear and loathing of S&H may come to nothing if I play my cards right!

I'm not trying to be pushy about supporting SPD research; I just thought that this seemed like a relatively painless way to try and help some struggling kids (wow! I sure over packed for that guilt trip - sorry!) I am sure many other worthy places do the exact same thing; this is just one foundation close to my heart for so many reasons, so I thought I'd throw the idea out there.

Happy shopping, my friends.

1 comment:

  1. I've done this before for other good causes and even through UPromise to add to Princess's college fund.
    The only problem for me is remembering to go through the fund raising web site to get to the shopping site first. Too many times I click on "Confirm Order" or "Finish" and smack myself in the forehead as I remember, Doh! I forgot to go through the other site first.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say it. You know you want to.