Flannery O'Connor was right: a good man is hard to find, but I have one and here is the meme to prove it!
The Man Meme (h/t to T)
1. Who is your man? Rob
2. How long have you been together? Counting dating, we have been together for 13 1/2 years.
3. How long did you date? 3 years
4. How old is your man? Funny story: I first saw a picture of Rob in his sister's dorm room, and she said, Oh, that's my older brother, Rob. I knew she had two older brothers and I just assumed was Rob was the oldest because he was wearing his Navy uniform in the picture and he was looking very serious. I thought he was 35. He was actually 20. My bad. When I met him in person, it was very obvious he was not 35. He thought the whole thing was hilarious and he still laughs about it. Especially since he is now 35, and he doesn't look a day older!
5. Who eats more? In one sitting, hands down it's Rob, but in overall grazing throughout the day, I'm betting it's me.
6. Who said “I love you” first? I did. In a letter. Because I'm brave and klassy.
7. Who is taller? Definitely Rob. At 6'4" he's taller than almost everyone we know.
8. Who sings better? Me, although his voice ain't too shabby.
9. Who is smarter? Rob, all the way. He would disagree, and say that we each have our strengths, and he would be correct, but in overall knowledge retention Rob is the winner and still champeen. Forget about calculus - I can't even remember what I ate for dinner last night!
10. Whose temper is worse? Oh baby is it ever me.
11. Who does the laundry? Me, but not because Rob won't do it. I like to do the laundry (except for the putting away part), so Rob leaves me to one of the few chores I enjoy.
12. Who takes out the trash? That's him - for now. When the kids get old enough to maneuver our big trash container, then he will abdicate his authority.
13. Who sleeps on the right hand side of the bed? Rob.
14. Who pays the bills? Me. He brings home the paycheck, but I am the one who keeps the books.
15. Who is better with the computer? Rob. He uses it more at work than I ever do at home, but if he can't figure something out we always call my brother JB. He's our awesome one man tech support.
16. Who mows the lawn? Rob. He enjoys it and I hate it, end of discussion.
17. Who cooks dinner? Me. Rob can assemble a dinner in a pinch, and he actually cooked quite a bit for himself in bachelorhood, but his menu variety left a little something to be desired.
18. Who drives when you are together? I would say we split it fairly evenly. Since we are always with the kids, we drive around in the van. I am fairly particular about my seat position and Rob has to move it since his legs are nine miles long (see #7), so sometimes I drive just to preserve my seat settings. If we are going on a long trip, Rob usually starts and we switch off during the trip.
19. Who pays when you go out? For dinner, he usually pulls out the check card, but for all other kinds of shopping it's usually me. It all comes from the same account anyway.
20. Who is most stubborn? Hmmm . . . I am going to say Rob for this one, but I'm a pretty close second. I am stubborn, but I have been known to be swayed by persuasive arguments from time to time. Rob is very laid back, but once he decides for or against something he rarely, if ever, changes his mind.
21. Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? We're both pretty good at it because we hate fighting with each other.
22. Whose parents do you see the most? Mine, since they are a shorter trip, but we try to get up to NY to see the rest of the gang as often as possible.
23. Who kissed who first? I totally made the first move.
24. Who asked who out? We didn't date - at least not traditionally. We spent our entire courtship in different states, and before we were married we didn't spend more than twelve consecutive days together. It was great preparation for military life.
25. Who proposed? Rob, on his favorite holiday, Thanksgiving.
26. Who is more sensitive? I guess me, since I'm the one who's always blubbering and getting teary.
27. Who has more friends? Umm - I have no idea! I'm more chatty, but I wouldn't say I have more friends than Rob because he is very well-liked. (Honestly, it's pretty hard not to like him. It's annoying. Especially when I'm trying to be mad at him). I would say that we have a small group of good friends in common.
28. Who has more siblings? We both come from families of four - two boys, two girls.
29. Who wears the pants in the family? Whoever gets to the laundry basket first? But I wear pants all the time, and he has a well-known love for his kilt, so really, I guess we wear the same things!
Want to do this one? Consider yourself tagged!