So I'm putting you to the test: Can you pass Older Girl's math final? I'll just give you a sampler of the material, and you can leave the answers in the comments. I don't have a prize, but you'll have the knowledge of your mental superiority to keep you warm at night. I'll post the answers later this weekend, if you dare to participate . . .
- Give two reasons why a triangle and a rectangle are not congruent.
- Identify the solid figures:
- I have no flat surfaces, vertices, or edges.
- I have two flat surfaces that are circles. You can roll me.
- I have 6 flat surfaces. They are all squares.
- I have 6 flat surfaces. 4 of these surfaces are rectangles.
- A cube has ___ flat surfaces, ____ vertices, ____ edges
- I have more than 8 edges. Only 2 of my faces are squares. What am I?
- One of my flat surfaces is a square. I have 5 vertices. What am I?
Good luck, Mathletes!