Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Odds and Ends

No thoughts for a coherent post tonight - I'm still too full of potato salad and barbecue chicken.

This weekend was lovely in every sense of the word. At times tranquil, full of harmonious play and prolonged spousal conversation; at times raucous, full of the laughter of parents and grandparents, squealing children, swelling patriotism. The weather, obligingly perfect, lent itself to gardening, bubble-blowing, and sizzling grills. On Monday morning, I slept in, wore my pajamas too late, drank too much coffee, and read blogs and tinkered with my template until my posterior was numb -- it was heavenly. I even got to visit with T, Honey, and their adorably pink-cheeked, curly-headed Princess .

Then this morning I got a call to let me know that we managed to get an appointment for The Boy with the pediatric neurologist. For next week. I expected be on a waiting list that was months long, especially since this doctor's schedule is actually closed to new patients. So after thanking the receptionist about eleven hundred times, I said a prayer and thanked the One who really should have been thanked first.

So since my brain is in such an atrophied state, I will give you all a little link love to tide you over:

Enjoy, sweetie darlings!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, thanks for the link! It felt like I dashed it off with lightning speed - and then I looked at the clock and realized that I had entirely missed my office hour and was almost late for class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had tons of fun! Definitely have to get together again sometime. I only wish we had more time for visits. Alas, there is only so much you can do with 3 weeks of paid time off per year.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say it. You know you want to.