Monday, April 16, 2007

A Quiet Prayer

For those who were lost in the tragedy at Virginia Tech, and for those who are left reeling in the wake of violence . . .


Remember, O Most Gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known, that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession was left unaided. Inspired with the confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, My Mother. To you I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Call my delayed, but as we don't watch TV or listen to the depressing news of the day, I didn't know what the lowered flags were for. How very sad. My prayers...

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say it. You know you want to.