2. The left lane if for passing. Passing, not sightseeing.
3. It's OK if you don't want to use your signal, I'm psychic!
4. Tailgating is SO not cool, especially if you are so close that I can't see your headlights in my rearview mirror. The rate limiting step is the traffic in front of me, folks, and around here there is always traffic in front of me.
5. The purpose of the on-ramps for Rt. 22 is to actually get on the highway, not to come to a dead stop at the yield sign. And the people who are already "lucky" enough to be on 22 need to move into the left lane so that we can merge. You know who you are.
6. Please pick a speed and run with it. If you choose fast, then commit and put the hammer down. If you choose slow, that's fine too, but don't taunt me with the speed up/slow down game. I might start to think you are drunk.
7. Don't blow past me on the right, even after I have signaled that I will get out of your way as soon as humanly possible. The only time I might sympathize with passing on the right is in the case of #2 (see above).
8. School buses have kids on them! Our kids! When they put their flashing lights on, that means you STOP, even if you are, say, picking up your girlfriend on a side street in Coplay and you want to peel out and "impress" the other kids who have to wait for the bus because they don't have their licenses yet.
9. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think that the parking spaces at the grocery store that are marked "For parents with young children," mean that you can park there when you have your pre-teen in the car with you. I'm thinking those spaces are meant for parents whose kids are slightly less ambulatory. Like in infant seats.
10. When I am at the mall, and I am walking to my car with the kids, and you inch your Jag along behind me really slowly like some kind of stalker because you want my parking space, it makes me want to take even more time to get the kids in the car.
11. 4-way stops mean that people proceed through the intersection in the order of their appearance at the stop sign. Don't try to slide through the stop by following the guy in front of you so closely that it looks like he is towing you.
12. The lines printed in parking lots mean that you are supposed to put your car between them, not straddling them.
13. Just as a totally random example: If you are driving a metallic blue Trans Am and you get stuck behind me on Weaversville Road, and I am stuck behind a tractor roughly the size of Rhode Island, leaning on your horn is not enough to make me put my kids' lives in danger by trying to pass the tractor on a solid yellow line into the face of oncoming traffic. Just so you know.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
3. My 2 cents
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants